Laboratory Technician, Oxfordshire, permanent, from £20000 depending on experience
Our client, a pharmaceutical company, has a great opportunity to join their Antibody Manufacturing team as a Laboratory Technician. The main duties include the purification and conjugation of antibodies; however this is a cross functional role with opportunities to work in cell culture and quality control testing.
The successful candidate will need to manage troubleshooting issues, review process improvements and process efficiency.
A ‘can do’ attitude is a must as well as the ability to work meticulously and methodically to ISO9001 quality systems.
Minimum: Degree in a Biological Sciences related subject with completion of a research project as part of the degree course.
· Good background in aseptic techniques
· Understanding of the basic principles of immunology
· Laboratory experience in the manufacture of buffers and reagents
· Theoretical knowledge of flow cytometry, immunohistochemistry and ELISA
· Theoretical and practical SDS PAGE and Western blot experience
· Protein Purification experience including affinity chromatography, Ion exchange and gel filtration
· Basic IT competency
· Experience of working in an ISO9001 environment
· Maintenance of hybridoma cell lines
· Theoretical and practical antibody conjugation experience
· Practical knowledge of flow cytometry, immunohistochemistry and ELISA
- Understanding of Lean manufacturing principles
To apply for this role please call 01727 808930 or email your CV to email@example.com. Lab Support is unable to employ any candidates requiring a sponsorship to work in the UK and all applicants must be in a position to accept employment without infringement of their immigration status. Lab Support is working as an Employment Business in relation to this role.