Senior Scientist (GC)
Senior Scientist (GC), Berkshire, 12 month contract, competitive salary
Our client, a pharmaceutical company, is seeking to appoint a Senior Scientist with extensive GC experience.
The successful candidate will be a pro-active and methodical scientist, dedicated to providing exceptional routine and investigative analysis of drug products and raw materials, to GMP quality standards. As part of a successful laboratory function, you will be responsible for planning and executing analyses, providing technical direction to more junior members of the team, applying interpretation of results to implement corrective measures and manage projects to fulfil client contractual agreements. This is a fantastic opportunity to be within the heart of a commercial, fast paced pharmaceutical laboratory.
KEY SKILLS REQUIRED:
· Be able to provide technical direction within own area of expertise (GC) within the team whilst independently performing a range of GMP analyses by GC including method development / optimization and validation.
· Be able to provide high quality customer service at all times by ensuring effective organisation of assigned workload, integrity of analytical data and timely/accurate provision of results.
· Be able to perform data checking for other members of the team, providing interpretation of results for routine and verification testing, generating certificates of analysis or external interpretive reports
· Significant knowledge in pharmacopoeial analysis with previous experience of working within GMP/UKAS standards.
· Possess strong verbal and written communication skills in English, with the ability to network with external clients and internal teams.
· Previous line management experience, with a track record of coaching and development others for career progression opportunities.
· GC method development and validation skills
· Considerable practical laboratory experience in gas chromatography analyses, ideally within a contract research organization or pharmaceutical laboratory, specifically in the analysis of drug products and raw materials (quantitative and investigative analysis)
· Previous experience of delivering technical information to clients, with strong career evidence of problem solving specific client needs and enquiries.
To apply for this role please call 01727 808930 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Lab Support is unable to employ any candidates requiring a sponsorship to work in the UK and all applicants must be in a position to accept employment without infringement of their immigration status. Lab Support is working as an Employment Agency in relation to this role.