Analytical Method Scientist
Analytical Method Scientist, Wiltshire, 15 month fixed term contract, competitive salary
Our client, a biopharmaceutical company, are looking for an Analytical Method Scientist for a fixed term (15 months) to join their Process and Analytical Development Group.
The role is within the Development group, which is responsible for developing and performing analytical methods to support the manufacture of biopharmaceutical products. The methods are used to characterise existing manufacturing processes, to guide process improvements and to support the introduction of new processes.
The successful applicant will play a key role in the development of methods relating to the analysis of vaccine components. The post holder will be expected to plan their own work and must be comfortable evaluating and optimising novel approaches.
· Leading the development of antibody-based tests for the analysis of vaccine components.
· Undertaking projects ensuring appropriate methods, assays, techniques and systems are implemented and utilised to meet project targets.
· Taking responsibility for the provision of reagents and consumables required for the project and for documented storage of materials generated.
· Assisting in identifying, evaluating and adapting new technologies where appropriate and helping to ensure that projects operate to a high scientific standard.
· Assisting senior colleagues in developing scientific and technical strategy.
· Identifying new opportunities as they arise.
· Taking responsibility for the supervision and training of junior staff where appropriate.
· Providing study protocols and reports as required.
· Education at least to degree level in a relevant subject is essential.
· Hands-on experience of developing protein analysis methods, preferably in a biopharmaceutical setting.
· Experience of performing immunoassays is required, preferably with involvement in their development or optimisation.
· Experience of preparing technical documentation such as standard operating procedures, protocols and reports is also required.
· Ability to plan own work
· Effective communication
· Effective presentation of work to internal and external customers
To apply for this role please call 01727 808930 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Lab Support is unable to employ any candidates requiring a sponsorship to work in the UK and all applicants must be in a position to accept employment without infringement of their immigration status. Lab Support is working as an Employment Business in relation to this role.