Lab Support are currently looking to a recruit QA supervisor for a food and beverage company in the North West. The role involves coordinating QA systems, dealing with audits, ensuring the site is compliant with company legislation and customer requirements. This is a great opportunity to work with a new up and coming company with room for progression. Salary for this position is £30,000 plus, depending on experience.
Key duties will include
· Maintain on site quality systems.
· Oversee all staff training and organise all company certification .e. Kosha, Halal, food hygiene to ensure that the company is maintaining site standards. Have a good relationship with the local Environmental Health Organisation and have the confidence and knowledge to challenge them on difficult decisions if or when they arise.
· Organise traceability exercises on products and have a good relationship with customers to facuilitate quick reactiosn when problems arise where there is a need for a product recall, product testing etc.
· Organise and oversee the external testing of Microbiological samples of the oils, fats and various other products with individual testing suites in accordance with customer specifications and requirements some micro background would be preferable.
Successful candidates will need experience in:
· Quality systems including HACCP as they will be implementing and maintaining these systems across the site.
· Experience working within food QA.
· Be from a Microbiology background.
Ideal experience in the following is ideal.
· knowledge and experience in BRCv7
· Experience of the edible opils industry